Wednesday, November 5, 2008

So the election is over....now what?

Ever since last night when Obama was declared the next President, there has been something that has been bothering me. I did not know exactly how to put it into words until I heard what someone else said about all of the people on TV and in newspapers who keep saying, "now we have a chance." I feel for those people who put all their hopes and dreams into promises made by a politician. I will be happy to give President Elect Obama a chance, but I will not hope for my future and my family's future to be "made" on promises that he, or any politician for that matter, has made.

For everyone that voted for Obama, I hope that one day I look back and say that you are right and that I was wrong. But my one recommendation to you is that you do not do as many people I have listened to and read articles from have done, and that is to base all of your hopes and dreams on the promises made by a politician.

No comments: