Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Some people....

Being the President of my neighborhood's HOA (Home Owner's Association), I think have learned on a very small level what it is like to be community leader. There are good things and bad things that come with being the HOA President. Lately, my debate skills have been sharpened by dealing with what may be the single most ignorant and immature so called adult that I have ever dealt with. To make a long story short, this person has not paid his dues dating back to 2004 because his neighbors kids broke a window of his and he feels the HOA is responsible for replacing the window.

The other thing that I have realized while dealing with this person is how much my blood boils when people talk about things that they clearly do not understand. Look, I am not an attorney, but I have taken enough law classes to have a very basic understanding of the law. The guy I am dealing with constantly tosses out legal jargon as if he is either in law school or is a lawyer. He uses words like liability when he has no understanding of what liability means.

The other thing that scares me is that this person teaches our youth. This person spells legitimate, laginimate. He does not understand that there sometimes needs to be their, here might need to be hear and where my need to be wear. Do you see where I am going with this?

The last thing that scares me, is that this person can vote.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HaHaHa at the guy's so-called "intellect"! Some people think that rules don't apply to them. Tell him to fix his own window, for crying out loud.

Julie said...

Michael - I am our HOA's VP and I totally understand where you are coming from...SO frustrating! We have people in our community that sound like your guy!