Monday, September 8, 2008

Lets have a little bit of unbiased reporting for a change

Enough with the bias already.

What does Gov. Palin being a mom have to do with her running for Vice President? Well, about as much as Joe Biden, Obama or McCain being fathers. I had a conversation at work today about how it is odd that she (Palin) is being questioned about her “motherhoodness,” (I know that is not a word, but it sounds good) while none of the others (Obama, McCain and Biden) are being questioned about “fatherhoodness.” I guess I fail to follow the logic behind the questions of Palin and the lack of questions to the others.

Now, don’t get me wrong. If I made enough money for Jennifer to be able to stay home all of the time with Caleb, I would love for her to be able to. However, that does not mean I think she is less of a mom because is going to work. I think most of this is more media bias towards the left than anything else. The media likes to pick and choose who they cover, who they “campaign” for and who they really want to push to the front. Is that fair? No, but what can people do about it. People can actually do some research on their own and make decision for themselves and not make decisions based on what an fairly biased media market decides.

I don’t know a ton about Sarah Palin yet, but I do know that I think it is unfair for her to be question on what is going on with her daughter more so than she is questioned on what she stands for politically. The media sure let Obama off easy when it came to his minister and the man he calls a mentor. What really matters more? Sarah Palin’s 17 year old daughter getting pregnant or Barack Obama’s mentor preaching that 9/11 was an American conspiracy or that the “white man” keeps the “black man” down?

All I want is for the media to be what they should be. They should be an unbiased outlet for the voting population of this country to use to learn about the candidates for one of the, if not the most, important positions in the entire known world. Why is this such a hard concept? What does the media stand to gain by pushing one candidate more than the other? Lately, it seems to me that the left wants more restrictions on what you can say and can’t say. They want more PC garbage. Why would the media want to be biased towards a direction that want everything to be PC?

All I ask is for a little bit of unbiased reporting……is it so hard……..

No comments: